Tigger

Tigger
lounging with my mousie

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Best Intentions...

Well...mom had good intentions to be a busy blogger over the summer, but it got away from her, with classes, etc. Now she is back at school. BUMMER.
Anyway, good news on my front. I just had to go to the V-E-T for my yearly check up. I have quite a reputation at the V-E-T, so they always prepare themselves!
Anyway, long story short--kidney values have improved. Thyroid has not improved,--gotten a tiny bit worse--but probably due to my refusal of meds. So...mom thinks she is sneaky--she has switched both kinds of meds to forms she thinks I won't know about. (pills in meatballs and pill pockets.) I humored her today, and ate both. I'll show her tomorrow! The V-E-T is always shocked at how I continue to do so well at such an "age."
 She is still taking care of the "animal" --the slightly feral kitty she calls Georgie. We have had quite a go of it, with MANY ups and downs since the weather has been so brutally hot, but Georgie to Mom's delight, and my dismay is hanging in there. Mom thinks he is quite lovely, but she knows who is still the king of her heart. (ME)
She bought a big dog crate for him, and finally talked him into sometimes coming into it at night. She & I sleep in another room, so I guess that is okay for now. I'm allowing a picture of him for a short time on this blog. I've told her she will have to delete it soon. I'm only allowing it, as other bloggers have asked to see him. Believe me, he's not nearly as handsome as me. We'll let you be the judge! (And don't answer unless you think I'm better lookin'!!!)
Okay, ta ta for now. Hope everyone is doing very well.
Love,
Tigger and Mom


Here's Sweet Tigger
                              Here's  Georgie Bear.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, my....The mom says Georgie is stunning! His face reminds her of a raccoon.

But of course you're more stunning, Tigger. :-)

We're glad your kidney values are good...Has your mom tried the transdermal gel for the methimazole instead of pills? That's what our mom used for angel Annie.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We pleased to hear yoor tests went well. Purrs.

Brian said...

Hooray for you, I'm so glad your tests were good! Hey, Gorgie is a looker, but you're the truly gorgeous one!

Everycat said...

Tigger man we sympathise with you. Enduring your Mom smooching with Georgie Bear must be difficult. It's awesome that you have a reputation at the vets, very cool. Keep on keeping on Tigger!

Oliver & Gerry


PS: Our bro' Whicky went to The Bridge on July 5th.